Yoga Classes at Lovelight
At Lovelight we have much more to offer for yoga than a typical yoga studio or fitness center. Our space is smaller, providing an intimate setting for up to 10 people per class, allowing our teachers to offer extra attention to each class participant.
Our model of yoga is from a healing perspective because we adhere to traditional yoga philosophies. Our teachers believe it brings health and balance into our lives helping to quiet our minds, heal our bodies and open our hearts.
If you have been apprehensive or concerned about entering into a yoga class, try one of our classes. Our teachers create a comfortable and supportive environment where you can feel at ease.
We offer many unique classes, appropriate for every level, including Therapeutic, Soma, Gentle and Moderate. We also have special workshops and seasonally appropriate classes.
Yoga can energize our entire being, making each of us stronger and more alert. Some known benefits are:
- Helps create an optimal environment for healing through relaxation and focused breathing.
- Distracts mind and body from habitual pain messages.
- Builds strength and flexibility in a relaxed way.
- Relieves deeply held tension in the body and mind.
- Increases circulation and oxygen intake.
- Improves postural alignment and range of motion.
- Studies have indicated that people with chronic pain who are active have fewer problems with pain.
- Empowers people to manage their pain.
- Muscle tension
- Blood pressure
- Pulse rate
- Respiratory rate
- Depression and anxiety
- Harmful effects of chronic stress
- Cardiovascular efficiency
- Respiratory efficiency
- Energy levels
- Digestion and elimination
- Strength and endurance
- Flexibility and range of motion
- Muscle tone
- Immune function
- Concentration and memory